The CMC Ascender rope grab utilizes a spring-loaded cam to facilitate progression on life safety rope. Widely used by rescue teams as a rope clamp for an attachment to a litter harness tender line, as a travel restrict rope grab, ascending rope, and other applications where a mechanical rope grab provides greater efficiency.
- Compact, lightweight rope grab
- Machined from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy for superior strength
- Spring-loaded cam produces instant progress capture
- Removable pin releases cam, facilitates easy installation at any point on rope
- Large connection point in cam accommodates rescue-sized carabiners
- Stainless steel quick-release pin
- Designed for optimal rope strength
- Made in USA
About CMC’s Super Black Finish
The CMC 3D, Rescue Rack, Rappel 8, and Rescue 8 products feature an exceptionally long-wear proprietary finish because typical hard or soft anodizing on aluminum descenders eventually wears through. This finish also prevents transfer of material onto the rope, common with bare aluminum components. After years of heavy use, our products and test samples with this Super Black Finish continue to be used in CMC School classes without showing any indication of the finish wearing through.
Rescue Industry Applications
The Rescue 8 descender is a type of descent device commonly referred to within the technical rescue industry as a figure eight descender and is used for rappelling and descent maneuvers in the field in search and rescue (SAR), urban search & rescue (USAR) and has solution applications for fire rescue and industrial rope access.
|Dimensions||12 × 10 × 8 in|
Black, Orange, Yellow