- Particulate coverage from the base of the neck and around entire head except for Sure-Fit™ panel at the crown. All critical areas of particulate penetration as identified by NFPA have a particulate barrier.
- Proprietary PGI gold FR fabric for excellent heat, flame and thermal resistance with superior tensile and tear strength for longer wear life.
- Unlike laminated PTFE barrier hoods, BarriAire™ Gold Hoods are quiet and allow an excellent hearing. Laminated PTFE hoods are annoyingly loud making a crackling noise with virtually every movement, adversely affecting communication and situational awareness.
- Built-in stretch and recovery, to better conform to the head and neck for true one size fits all sizing
- The fabric is inherently static resistant
- Extra-long length (23″) front and back, ensures hood stays tucked-in even after laundry shrinkage
- Stronger, less bulky stitching — all sewing and quilting done with CRAQ SPUN® AR meta-aramid thread
- Exceeds industry standards of blocking 90 percent of particles between 0.1 and 1.0 microns in size
- Attractive gold color allows you to detect when the hood’s soiled and needs cleaning